Tuesday, March 22, 2011

daydreaming about wool

I'm preparing to move out of the monastery fairly soon. The exact date hasn't been set yet, but it's ever looming on the horizon. When I leave, I'll have a credit card of my own again, which means I can more easily make online purchases. I'll have to be pretty frugal until I get a job (translation: no ipad 2 for me yet), but I've given myself permission to get a drop spindle and some fiber. I'm hoping that the learning process will take enough time for me to get a job before I need more wool.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but I already have a knitting project picked out for my first nice skein of yarn. I want to make another entrelac scarf. I made one for myself this past winter and it was a quick and fun knit. There's so much pretty, pretty hand dyed wool for sale out there and I'm envisioning some luxuriously colored fiber dripping off my finger tips and onto my needles. Yes, yes, I know that it will probably be a while before I'm able to spin consistent and even yarn, but a girl can dream, right? Don't rain on my parade yet.

The scarf, if it ever is created, will be for the holiday bizarre. It's an interesting challenge coming up with projects that balance the resources of time and money that go into them with how much a perspective customer would actually pay for them. Sweaters seem to be a safe bet and I'm hoping that an entrelac scarf with hand spun wool will be one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment